The Best Credit Card Deals from Our Partners
Editors Rating: 4.5/5
The best credit card deals often include some great offers to attract your business and possibly save you money. The features you should look for will depend on your personal financial situation and your spending patterns. The current environment is causing banks to release some attractive offers in an attempt to woo customers, and there are currently some great offers, including the cards below. Happy credit card hunting!
Do you pay your credit card balance in full each month, or do you carry it over from one month to the next? Are you making full use of your credit card rewards program, or are you simply trying to pay off all your debt as quickly as possible? The answers to these questions will help you find the credit card offers that best fit your finances.
Here's a quick rundown on the most popular features of the best credit cards.
- No annual fee cards (or waived first year). If you pay your credit card balance in full each month, the interest rate matters less than the costs of your credit card. Look for a card without any annual fee or that waives the fee for the first year.
- Zero initial APR. An introductory interest rate of zero percent annual percentage rate (APR) is sometimes offered on new purchases as well as balance transfers from existing credit cards. If you plan a major expense such as a home remodel, or you're trying to pay off your credit card debt, a period of paying your bill without any interest can help you reduce your balance more quickly. Just be sure you know what the rate will be after the introductory period ends, and then keep an eye on the clock.
- Low ongoing APR. Depending on how much credit card debt you have, you may want to opt for a low APR credit card up front rather than a zero APR that will become a much higher APR later. A credit card calculator can help you determine whether you can pay your balance in full during an introductory rate period or if you are better off with a longer time at a low rate.
- Bonus cash back rewards. If you regularly use your credit card for purchases and pay off your balance in full each month, a cash back rewards card could be right for you. Many rewards cards offer additional bonus cash rewards for spending a certain amount within the first few weeks or months.
- Bonus rewards/points. Instead of cash, many credit card companies offer rewards and points that you can use for gift cards, airline miles or gas. Some rewards credit cards offer bonus rewards and points when you sign up and use the card as required, so compare these credit card offers to find the one that will boost your points fastest.
- High ongoing rewards/points. If you want to use a credit card to earn points for gas or airline miles or travel discounts, compare how much you need to spend before earning credit card rewards to see if the program matches your spending pattern. Check the annual fee to be sure it won't erase your rewards based on your spending patterns.
- Affinity cards/merchants. Credit card companies often offer higher rewards points for using the card at a specific store or hotel or purchasing tickets on a certain airline. If you travel often and are building up your frequent flyer miles, you may want to choose an airline credit card or similar affinity card that gives you extra miles for flying your favorite airline or staying at your favorite hotel.
- Foreign transaction fee. If you frequently travel abroad, you could save money by carrying a card that waives the foreign transaction fee or currency conversion fee. Also, more and more of these cards feature the new EMV chip and PIN technology that most European merchants are already using.
Before you choose a credit card, think about your budget and lifestyle. Are you trying to reduce your credit card debt or do you want to use your credit card to earn rewards? The answers to those questions will lead you in the right direction for choosing the best credit card.
Disclaimer:The information in this article is believed to be accurate as of the date it was written. Please keep in mind that credit card offers change frequently. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information in this article. Reasonable efforts are made to maintain accurate information. See the online credit card application for full terms and conditions on offers and rewards. Please verify all terms and conditions of any credit card prior to applying.
This content is not provided by any company mentioned in this article. Any opinions, analyses, reviews or recommendations expressed here are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any such company. IndexCreditCards.com does not review every company or every offer available on the market.
"As comprehensive a list as you'll find of all the credit card offers on the table now."