The Best Credit Card Deals from Our Partners
Editors Rating: 4.5/5
The best credit card deals often include some great offers to attract your business and possibly save you money. The features you should look for will depend on your personal financial situation and your spending patterns. The current environment is causing banks to release some attractive offers in an attempt to woo customers, and there are currently some great offers, including the cards below. Happy credit card hunting!
Do you pay your credit card balance in full each month, or do you carry it over from one month to the next? Are you making full use of your credit card rewards program, or are you simply trying to pay off all your debt as quickly as possible? The answers to these questions will help you find the credit card offers that best fit your finances.
Here's a quick rundown on the most popular features of the best credit cards.
- No annual fee cards (or waived first year). If you pay your credit card balance in full each month, the interest rate matters less than the costs of your credit card. Look for a card without any annual fee or that waives the fee for the first year.
- Zero initial APR. An introductory interest rate of zero percent annual percentage rate (APR) is sometimes offered on new purchases as well as balance transfers from existing credit cards. If you plan a major expense such as a home remodel, or you're trying to pay off your credit card debt, a period of paying your bill without any interest can help you reduce your balance more quickly. Just be sure you know what the rate will be after the introductory period ends, and then keep an eye on the clock.
- Low ongoing APR. Depending on how much credit card debt you have, you may want to opt for a low APR credit card up front rather than a zero APR that will become a much higher APR later. A credit card calculator can help you determine whether you can pay your balance in full during an introductory rate period or if you are better off with a longer time at a low rate.
- Bonus cash back rewards. If you regularly use your credit card for purchases and pay off your balance in full each month, a cash back rewards card could be right for you. Many rewards cards offer additional bonus cash rewards for spending a certain amount within the first few weeks or months.
- Bonus rewards/points. Instead of cash, many credit card companies offer rewards and points that you can use for gift cards, airline miles or gas. Some rewards credit cards offer bonus rewards and points when you sign up and use the card as required, so compare these credit card offers to find the one that will boost your points fastest.
- High ongoing rewards/points. If you want to use a credit card to earn points for gas or airline miles or travel discounts, compare how much you need to spend before earning credit card rewards to see if the program matches your spending pattern. Check the annual fee to be sure it won't erase your rewards based on your spending patterns.
- Affinity cards/merchants. Credit card companies often offer higher rewards points for using the card at a specific store or hotel or purchasing tickets on a certain airline. If you travel often and are building up your frequent flyer miles, you may want to choose an airline credit card or similar affinity card that gives you extra miles for flying your favorite airline or staying at your favorite hotel.
- Foreign transaction fee. If you frequently travel abroad, you could save money by carrying a card that waives the foreign transaction fee or currency conversion fee. Also, more and more of these cards feature the new EMV chip and PIN technology that most European merchants are already using.
Before you choose a credit card, think about your budget and lifestyle. Are you trying to reduce your credit card debt or do you want to use your credit card to earn rewards? The answers to those questions will lead you in the right direction for choosing the best credit card.
- 0% intro APR on balance transfers for 18 months--then a variable purchase APR applies, currently 10.99% - 22.99%. A 3% fee applies to each transferred balance.
- 0% intro APR on purchases for 6 months. Then the variable purchase APR applies, currently 10.99% - 22.99%.
- Over 5,000 cardmembers rated 4.8 out of 5 stars* and now Discover "Ranked Highest in Customer Satisfaction with Credit Card Companies in a Tie" by J.D. Power*.
- 5% cash back for online shopping and department store purchases on up to $1,500 - Oct. through Dec. 2014 when you sign up*. 1% cash back on all other purchases.
- Free FICO® Credit Score online and on monthly statements*.
- No annual fee, no late fee for your first late payment - APR won't go up for paying late, no overlimit fee and no foreign transaction fee*.
- Each Discover purchase is monitored. If it's unusual, you're alerted by e-mail, phone or text-and never responsible for unauthorized Discover card purchases.
- *+See rates, rewards, free FICO® Credit Score terms and other info by clicking "Apply."
- Earn 20,000 bonus miles when you spend $1,000 on purchases in the first 90 days - that's enough to redeem for a $200 travel statement credit
- 0% intro APR on balance transfers and purchases for the first 12 months after account opening. After that, variable APR, currently 14.99% or 18.99%, based upon your creditworthiness.
- Earn 2X miles on travel and dining and 1X miles on all other purchases
- Miles don't expire as long as your account is open, active and in good standing
- Book the travel you want - airfare, hotels, cruises and more and earn miles on your purchase
- Get 10% miles back to use toward your next redemption every time you redeem for travel statement credits
- No foreign transaction fees on anything you buy while in another country
- Complimentary online FICO® Score access for Barclaycard Arrival cardmembers
- 20,000 bonus points when you spend $2,500 within the first 3 months of opening the Card account
- Earn 5 points on airfare purchases
- Earn 1 point on all other purchases
- No annual fee
- No foreign transaction fees
- 4.99% APR promotional balance transfer rate for 48 Months on Balance Transfers made between October 01, 2014 through October 31, 2014. After that, the APR for the unpaid balance and any new balance transfers will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate, and is currently 9.99%. A 3% balance transfer fee applies to each transfer. This transaction is subject to credit approval.
"As comprehensive a list as you'll find of all the credit card offers on the table now."