Low Intro APR Credit Cards from Our Partners
Editors Rating: 4.5/5
Check out these great deals on credit cards with super low introductory rates in 2015
The credit cards you'll find listed below offer some of the lowest introductory rates available (how can you get much lower than a 0% introductory rate?!) Many of the offers are only available for a limited time, so take advantage of them right now.
Low and Zero-Percent Introductory APR Credit Cards
When credit card companies are in an aggressive marketing mode - which is often - you'll see an increase in credit card offers with special introductory terms. These may include things like cash back on new purchases, favorable terms on balance transfer cards, or a low introductory interest rate. Zero percent is as low as those introductory rates can get, so when you see such offers, you should pay attention.
However, to take full advantage of this kind of credit card deal without getting burned, you need to look at that introductory rate in the context of the other terms of the offer.
What to look for in a low introductory purchase APR offer
A zero-percent or low introductory APR is certainly eye-catching, and that's just the idea. However, there are additional things to consider when evaluating these kinds of credit cards. Here are some of the key elements you should identify:
- What's eligible for the introductory rate. Does the promotional interest rate apply to balance transfers, new purchases or cash advances?
- Time window to make purchases and balance transfers that qualify for the introductory rate.
- Length of time that the introductory rate applies to your eligible balance.
- Regular interest rate. What interest rate will be charged after the promotion expires?
- Interest rate on cash advances. This may be higher than the regular rate.
- Rewards and other benefits. Find out about any cash back or points towards goods and services are awarded based on your use of the card.
- Annual fees. Some cards have no annual fee. Some have an introductory annual fee of $0 for the first year, and some don't.
Once you've identified all of the above, you will be ready to fully evaluate the credit card offers.
Is a low introductory purchase APR credit card deal right for you?
What could be lower than zero percent? Is this just a marketing gimmick, or can it really represent a worthwhile opportunity?
In the long run, other credit card terms, such as the regular interest rate and any annual fees, will be the main factors in determining whether a credit card offer is a good deal or not. However, in the short run a zero-percent credit card rate could certainly save you money if you're currently paying credit card interest. So, you need to weigh this short-term benefit against long-term costs.
Since no card offers zero percent APR on purchases and balance transfers forever, you'll need to make a realistic estimate of your spending patterns over the next year or two to determine if a zero-percent APR credit card is right for you.
How to choose a low introductory APR offer
One easy way to evaluate competing offers is to start by comparing the regular interest rate and the annual fee, if any. Then, if you identify two or more roughly equivalent offers, a zero percent or low introductory rate could be viewed as the tie-breaker between otherwise similar offers.
If you're comfortable crunching numbers and want a more detailed analysis, you'll need to estimate your use of the credit card over the next year or two. Based on that estimate, determine how much different credit card offers would cost you over that time period. You'll need to consider:
- How much you expect to purchase during the introductory period
- How much you plan to purchase once the initial period expires
- How much of a balance you would be likely to carry from one month to the next
- The dollar value of what you expect to earn in rewards or miles
- Annual fees
The credit card terms that produce the lowest expense based on your estimates should represent the best offer for you.
Zero percent credit card deals: what to watch out for
While "0% intro APR" credit cards can certainly work to your advantage, there are some potential pitfalls you should avoid:
- Don't let a low introductory rate lure you into purchases you wouldn't otherwise make. Spending more just because you can do it interest-free is false savings - especially if you don't pay off your new balance before the end of the introductory period.
- Don't get drawn into a higher ongoing rate just because of a temporary introductory rate. In the long run, the regular rate is much more important than the introductory rate.
- Don't assume the introductory rate also applies to balance transfers. This is significant if you are planning to transfer an existing balance to the new card.
In general, the key is to look for the offer that best fits your likely use of the card, without letting the benefits cause you to spend more than you might otherwise.
Last step: the credit card application
If you find a lot of great deals, keep in mind that applying for multiple cards in a short time frame can affect your credit score. Before you start applying for cards, pick the best credit cards that work best for you, and plan to stick with them for a while.
Also, before using a new card, make sure you got the terms you applied for in the first place, since specific offers may be subject to meeting specific credit quality criteria.
Credit card companies make a variety of special offers to attract new customers. Make the most of these offers by taking the time to compare credit cards and choose the card that will best match your probable usage of the card.
- Get a $100 cash rewards bonus after you spend $500 in purchases in the first 90 days after account opening
- Earn unlimited 1.5% cash rewards on every purchase
- Every time you redeem, get a 5% cash rewards redemption bonus to use toward your next redemption
- Redeem your cash rewards for a deposit into your bank account, a statement credit or gift cards. Redemptions start at $50
- Cash rewards do not expire as long as your account is open, active and in good standing
- 0% intro APR for the first 12 months on purchases. Plus, you'll get 0% introductory APR for the first 12 months on balance transfers made within 45 days of account opening. After that a variable APR will apply, currently 15.24%, 19.24% or 23.24%, depending on your creditworthiness
- No annual fee
- Earn 30,000 bonus points after you spend $1,000 in purchases within the first 90 days
- Earn 6 points per $1 on JetBlue purchases, 2 points per $1 at restaurants and grocery stores and 1 point per $1 on all other purchases
- No blackout dates on JetBlue-operated flights & redeem for any seat, any time on JetBlue-operated flights. Points required for an Award Flight will vary based on the published base fare at the time of booking.
- Points awarded in your TrueBlue account don't expire. Earn and share points together with Family Pooling
- Earn 5,000 bonus points every year after your account anniversary
- 50% savings on eligible inflight purchases including cocktails, food and movies & your first checked bag is free on JetBlue-operated flights.
- Enjoy TrueBlue Mosaic benefits for one year after you spend $50,000 or more on purchases annually with your card
- Get 10% of your points back every time you redeem to use toward your next redemption & a $100 statement credit after you purchase a Getaways vacation package of $100 or more with your JetBlue Plus Card
- LIMITED-TIME OFFER: Earn 10,000 bonus points after you spend $1,000 on purchases in the first 90 days.
- Earn 3 points per $1 on JetBlue purchases, 2 points per $1 at restaurants and grocery stores and 1 point per $1 on all other purchases.
- No blackout dates on JetBlue-operated flights & redeem for any seat, any time on JetBlue flights. - Points required for an Award Flight will vary based on the published base fare at the time of booking.
- Points awarded in your TrueBlue account don't expire. Earn and share points together with Family Pooling.
- 50% savings on eligible inflight purchases including cocktails, food and movies
- No foreign transaction fees
- Chip-card technology & $0 Fraud Liability protection
- 0% introductory APR for first 12 billing cycles on balance transfers made within 45 days of account opening. After that a variable APR will apply, 12.24%, 20.24% or 25.24%, based on your creditworthiness.
- Earn 20,000 bonus miles after you spend $1,000 on purchases in the first 90 days - that's enough to redeem for a $200 travel statement credit
- Earn 2X miles on travel & dining and 1X miles on all other purchases
- Get 5% miles back to use toward your next redemption, every time you redeem
- Chip card technology, so paying for your purchases is more secure at chip-card terminals in the U.S. and abroad
- No foreign transaction fees on anything you buy while in another country
- 0% introductory APR for 12 months for each Balance Transfer made within 45 days of account opening. After that, a variable APR currently 16.24%, 20.24% or 24.24%, depending on your creditworthiness.
- Complimentary online FICO® Credit Score access for Barclaycard Arrival cardmembers
- 0% APR promo balance transfer rate for 12 mos. After that, the APR for the unpaid balance and any new balance transfers will be 10.24% to 17.99%. APR will vary w/the market based on Prime Rate. 3% balance transfer fee per transaction. Subject to credit approval. $100 bonus after spending $1,500 in purchase transactions within 3 months of account opening.
- Rate and offers current as of June 1, 2016 and subject to change.
- No annual fee
- No foreign transaction fee
- No cash advance fees
- Chip enabled for added security
- Federally insured by NCUA
- Up to $5,000 Spending Limit in Less than 60 Seconds! Shop from over 100,000 brand name products such as Apple, Samsung, Sony, Gucci, Prada and much more with low easy payments.
- Less than Perfect Credit Accepted. Approval is quick and easy. Must be 18 years or older, have a valid checking account and a verifiable source of income.
- Up To 12 Months Same As Cash
- 50% Early Payoff Discount
- No Hidden Fees
- Return at any Time
Disclaimer:The information in this article is believed to be accurate as of the date it was written. Please keep in mind that credit card offers change frequently. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information in this article. Reasonable efforts are made to maintain accurate information. See the online credit card application for full terms and conditions on offers and rewards. Please verify all terms and conditions of any credit card prior to applying.
This content is not provided by any company mentioned in this article. Any opinions, analyses, reviews or recommendations expressed here are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any such company. IndexCreditCards.com does not review every company or every offer available on the market.
Other Low Introductory Interest Rate Credit Cards to Consider
Let us know your favorite
"As comprehensive a list as you'll find of all the credit card offers on the table now."